Welcome back to another edition of the rundown, where we summarize articles and videos to save you time! Get access to hundreds of story summaries for as little as $1 per month by heading over to our Patreon!
New York Post: Putin Survived Assassination Attempt
- According to a top Ukrainian military official, Russian President Vladamir Putin survived an assassination attempt two months ago.
- The unsuccessful attempt occurred shortly after the invasion of the smaller nation on February 24, committed by representatives of the Caucasus, a region comprising Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and parts of southern Russia.
- Major General Kyrylo Budanov stated the attempt took place in an unspecified region two months ago and received no publicity.
- The claim has not been independently verified and has gone public amid reports that Putin has recently undergone surgery due to cancer.
- The article concluded with statements from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky showing optimism for turning the tide of the conflict.
Fox News: Conway Blasts Clinton for Russia Claims
- The trial for Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussman continues as conservative critics wonder if justice will be done.
- Sussman was indicted for providing false information to the FBI in order to authorize spying on former President Donald Trump’s campaign, which continued into his term as Commander in Chief.
- Former presidential advisor Kellyanne Conway said the information uncovered by the Durham probe reveals what everyone already knew.
- She criticized the years wasted investigating Donald Trump for supposed election collusion with Russia.
- Trump had claimed during his presidency that he had to fight off his previous opponent throughout his term and asked “where do I get my reputation back?”.
- Conway stated that there were so many things that could have been done that ended up being left on the table due to the drama over the faked conspiracy.
Variety: Jurassic Park Stars’ 20-year Age Gap Seemed Appropriate at the Time
- The stars of the hit movie Jurassic Park felt it was perfectly natural for their characters to be involved in a romantic relationship, despite their 20 year age difference.
- Sam Neil told The Sunday Times that it seemed perfectly appropriate at the time, with people like Harrison Ford and Sean Connery acting with people much younger.
- Laura Dern stated it was only now in this new awareness about “patriarchy” that she really thought about the large gap in their ages, stating that she sees her character in the same category as Ripley from the “Alien” franchise.
- Dern and Niell are reprising their roles in the upcoming Jurassic World Domination, which will open in the US on June 10.
Leave a Reply