Welcome back to another edition of the rundown, where we summarize articles and videos to save you time! If you want the full list of all of our stories for the day, be sure to head over to our Patreon, where you can access all of our content for as little as $1 per month!
Fox News Business: Elon Musk Puts Twitter Deal on Hold
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk put his bid to buy Twitter on hold, apparently in response to several discoveries during his review of the company.
- Speculation is that he wants to continue looking into how much of the company’s traffic is real versus fake in the form of bots and other automatically generated content.
- It may also be that he wants to use the existing data as a negotiating point to bring his original offer down to a more affordable price.
- Cryptocurrency has plummeted in recent weeks as investors continue to panic due to the stumbling economy.
- Some experts are skeptical of the idea of a “soft landing” for the economy.
CNN: Barnette Could Be an Upset for November
- Pennsylvania US Senate candidate Kathy Barnette is experiencing a surge in her race against celebrity Doctor Mehmet Oz and Dave McCormick.
- Barnette is seen as a “wild card” by the Republican party, supported by grassroots momentum just days before the primary.
- Former President Donald Trump stated Barnette has a wonderful future in the party, but would not be able to win an election against the “radical left”, making it clear he does not support her for this race.
- Many Republicans believe she has not been properly vetted, and even basic details about the candidate are still unknown.
- Barnette has benefitted from the unpopular decision by Trump to back the former television star to rally support, as well as an alliance with Republican gubernatorial hopeful Doug Mastriano.
- Some Republicans, including Florida Sen. Rick Scott are not worried about the candidate, believing that the voters will make their own decisions.
- Further details are available in the source material. Follow the link for more information.
NPR: UAE Sheikh Zayed Has Died
- United Arab Emirates ruler Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan died Friday at the age of 73.
- Credited for much of the countries rapid growth, he had long ceased having involvement in the daily affairs of the nation, de facto rule being held by his half-brother Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed.
- No announcement for a successor has been forthcoming.
- An extensive history of Khalifa’s accomplishments can be found in the source material. Follow the link for more information.
Leave a Reply